Our lawful basis for processing personal information
BlueBells Florist relies on different lawful basis for processing personal information, and in some cases, more than one lawful basis may apply with respect to the same personal data.
What information do we collect from you and why do we need it ?
To ensure that we can communicate effectively with both customers and recipients, it is very important that you provide us with accurate personal information.
At checkout we ask for the following personal information.
Customer's full name. email address, and mobile number
- We use this information to provide a better customer experience by sending order confirmations, dispatch confirmations and delivery confirmations.
- We will also use the customer's email address in the event that we need to make substitutions. Please do ensure that email addresses are accurate.
- We send over your details to independent market research providers who provide services which include collecting and reporting of customer feedback. This feedback, together with your first name, is displayed on our website
- Your transaction and credit card details are stored at our payment provider. They ensure security of your transactions and prevent fraud.
Recipient's full name and address
We require this information in order to deliver the flowers you have ordered. It is vital that the recipient's address is accurate, therefore we use a third party service to check the validity of the address provided.
What additional data do we collect when you use our website ?
We collect details of your online browsing activities such as the sections visited and parts of the website viewed. We also collect details of the type of device you use to view our website, your IP address, and your device's geo location.
How can you remove your personal information from our system ?
You have a right to request for your account to be closed at any time, however we do have certain obligations to keep data records for legal and accounting purposes.
Please send us an email outlining your request and we will reply within 30 days
Further, please note that for us to consider your request the following criteria must be met:
- Your email must originate from the same email address linked to the account that you are requesting deletion.
- There are no pending amounts that need to be paid.
- At least 10 days have passed from your most recent transaction.
- There are no active law enforcement requests about your transactions
Note that if we erase all information about you, and you decide to make a future purchase, then we will not be aware of your prior requests or objections.
How can you request the data that we store about you ?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you, however we do have certain obligations to keep data records for legal and accounting purposes. Please send us an email at outlining your request and we will reply within 30 days.
Further please note that for us to consider your request the following criteria must be met
- We would need you to provide us with a copy of two of the following means of identification:
- Birth certificate
- Driving license
- Utility bill (covering the last 6 months)
- Your email must originate from the same email address linked to the account that you are requesting information about.
As part of our customer service offering we provide a regular email newsletter service. This service brings to you details of monthly special offers and product promotions as well as information on new products.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter service please send an email via contact form stating your request or submit your address in the box provided on our homepage.
We strive to only send promotional e-mail to those who want to receive it. If you wish to opt-out of this service, please access the 'Unsubscribe' link that is available on all promotional emails. You can subscribe again at any time by following the procedure above.
If you have any questions please email our Customer Services Team via contact form
Cookies assign a unique identification to your computer and store the details on your hard drive via a facility in your web browser. The cookie does not contain any personally identifying information but does permit our website to recognize you each time you return.